I changed things around a bit, and added a few things. It's as new to me as it is to you, but I think it'll work. As usual I'll try to have a variety of topics, but come summer there will be more postings about car events. You can email me at cruisaholic@hotmail.com Keep the shiny side up!

Sunday, October 22, 2006

crime in Phoenix vs. Davenport

After a few comments to my last post I decided to answer a question more completely on this post. How does crime in Phoenix, with sheriff Arpaio stack up against Davenport. The first problem with this is physical size of the cities involved. Phoenix has almost 1,500,000 people compared to our almost 99,000. So my solution was to times our population by 14.84, which in theory gives Davenport a population of 1,465,464 to Phoenix's 1,466,296. That's close enough for a comparison in my book.
I also guessed that if I multiplied the crime figures by the same number I would have a close representation of what our crime figures could be like if Davenport was as large as Phoenix. I will state the figures and then a short comment.

Phoenix-1,466,296 people, 10,691 violent crimes reported, 220 murders, 533 forcible rapes, 4,237 robberies, and 5,701 aggravated assaults.

Davenport(at 1.4 mil.)-1,465,464 people, 19,633 violent assaults reported, 103 murders, 801 forcible rapes, 4,036 robberies, and 14,691 aggravated assaults.

Doing the math, this is what I came up with;
If Davenport was the same size as Phoenix, Davenport would have 8,942 more violent crimes reported than Phoenix.
Davenport would have 117 less murders than Phoenix.
Davenport would have 268 more forcible rapes than Phoenix.
Davenport would have 201 less robberies than Phoenix.
Davenport would have 8,990 more aggravated assaults than Phoenix.

I don't know about anybody else but Phoenix doesn't seem that scary to me. And the numbers for Phoenix above were taken from the FBI website.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Whhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaa I live in the ghetto,pay little taxes and want no crime!!!!!!!!!!!!