I changed things around a bit, and added a few things. It's as new to me as it is to you, but I think it'll work. As usual I'll try to have a variety of topics, but come summer there will be more postings about car events. You can email me at cruisaholic@hotmail.com Keep the shiny side up!

Monday, October 23, 2006

Are the Angels coming?

The story by Tory Brecht in Sundays QC Times made it a little clearer why we have a crime problem. Unless County Attorney Bill Davis was misquoted; why in the hell would he be against bringing in the Guardian Angels to help get the crime down? If Alderman Lynn is all for it, and Chief Bladel is for it with reservations; why isn't our county attorney? Is he afraid the Guardian Angels might find fault with the revolving door policy in our court house? I think anything legal that would lower our crime is a good thing.
For the story go to QC Times.

Angels founder Curtis Sliwa says he’s willing to come to Davenport to help out. He counts three contributing factors to the Midwest crime wave.

“First, methamphetamines have ravaged the heartland like locusts through cornfields,” he said. “Second, the migratory pattern of gangs. There’s been such intensive prosecution by law enforcement on gangs in Chicago and St. Louis that what you get is gangbangers getting on the Greyhound and the next stop is a small city within 200 miles. The third is the trend of younger and younger people getting more violent.”

A few post ago I mentioned the Guardian Angels. If you have any doubts about this organization there is a link to their website on that post. I looked the website over and realized I didn't know much about what they do. Why law enforcement would be against getting help to resolve this problem, when they haven't been able to do it, is beyond me. Posters on this blog have come up with some good suggestions, the city as a group has none.

No comments: