I changed things around a bit, and added a few things. It's as new to me as it is to you, but I think it'll work. As usual I'll try to have a variety of topics, but come summer there will be more postings about car events. You can email me at cruisaholic@hotmail.com Keep the shiny side up!

Monday, April 03, 2006

trash talk

The pelicans have come and probably gone for areas in the North. The storm that wasn't, at least in the SOLO area of Davenport, has also come and gone. Local TV was really starting to bug me again with the weather report on instead of programing. I think they should go back to the little streamer at the bottom of the screen. The litter however, has not left. Oh sure, it got blown around pretty good, but it's still with us. I'm just wondering if this new garbage plan will actually change anything.

I just ordered the big bin online. We might be able to sneak by with the middle one but I figured go big and if it don't get filled, we can downsize. I also figured the big one would hold more litter since we get a lot in the alley now. I haven't gotten a satisfactory answer as to if there will be a problem with pick up at our place or not. We have overhead power, phone and cable lines and if I put the bin 4 feet from the alley, and 4 feet away from a building or parked vehicle, I would have to put my bin in my neighbor's driveway.

Lastly, I got an e-mail from a woman in Peoria who wanted to sell an old car and said she couldn't find out what it's worth. In this day and age I find it hard to believe people can't find a solution to problems like this. There are old car price guides for sale at news stands, the library is always a viable option, and of course there's the internet. Before people jump my butt about everyone not being perfect, I did do the research for the woman and sent her a guideline of what her 1951 Ford was worth, with a good description of how to determine it's condition. I even sent pictures so she could determine which model she had.

No comments: