I changed things around a bit, and added a few things. It's as new to me as it is to you, but I think it'll work. As usual I'll try to have a variety of topics, but come summer there will be more postings about car events. You can email me at cruisaholic@hotmail.com Keep the shiny side up!

Friday, March 31, 2006

this and that

Seems like emigration and the protesting of same is the subject of the day. Kids skipping school to wrap themselves in Mexican flags and snarl traffic. A principal at a Texas school flying the Mexican flag. I think the answer lies somewhere in the middle of what the opposing sides are proposing. If we have to follow the rules, so should they. Also I always thought English was our official language. If you're going to live here, learn it.

Massachusetts saying it will not marry gay couples from other states is also causing a stir. Kind of make sense if the home state doesn't recognize gay marriage, what's the sense? I just wish it would get settled one way or the other.

The new garbage deal sounds like an accident waiting to happen. Sounds like more litter and illegal dumping than ever. As someone who lives on an alley, I hope the city takes the discarded trash away also. Time will tell, but I think this money saving idea is going to hell in handbasket. Probably in a hurry.

The city still doesn't know what to do about rental and property inspections. Are they going to do away with the department that issues building permits? Or will we have to go to our local Fire Department to get a permit? This council has to learn to look before they leap. They admit they don't know the answer to anything. Sometimes that's handy, in politics it's fatal.

Let the roadwork begin. 53rd. Street east and west of Brady one lane, Locust Street one lane in places, I-74 one lane in both directions, you can tell it's spring. I for one haven't heard much about proposed road work south of Locust. I know with the Bix around the corner Brady and Kirkwood will be getting spruced up. And I haven't seen much going on about cleaning out the storm sewers before a big one hits. Anything I forgot?

No comments: