I changed things around a bit, and added a few things. It's as new to me as it is to you, but I think it'll work. As usual I'll try to have a variety of topics, but come summer there will be more postings about car events. You can email me at cruisaholic@hotmail.com Keep the shiny side up!

Friday, November 10, 2006

The story of two parades

Tomorrow is Veteran's day. If you know a veteran, thank him tomorrow. I always call my dad and brother to thank them, as a fellow veteran, for their service. It's a small gesture, but done in person, is repaid many times over by the smile you get in return. The Opinion piece in the QC Times today got me thinking. Two parades over two consecutive Saturdays, with vastly different turnouts. This Saturday is the Veteran's Day parade, expected crowd turnout-500. Next Saturday is the Festival of Trees parade, expected turnout- tens of thousands. This tells me that most people would rather watch a bunch of colorful balloons instead of paying tribute to the people who kept us free over generations. World War II vets are getting scarce, Korea and Viet Nam vets will be featured also, along with active duty, ROTC, and high school bands, etc. Why don't the crowds show up? For the article in the paper go
to the QC Times.

No comments: