I changed things around a bit, and added a few things. It's as new to me as it is to you, but I think it'll work. As usual I'll try to have a variety of topics, but come summer there will be more postings about car events. You can email me at cruisaholic@hotmail.com Keep the shiny side up!

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Speed bumps for City Council?

Just got word from a very reliable source of a couple things I thought were going to happen. First Dan Huber is leaving Davenport1 to go into private business. The second one was a little bit more of a surprise. Seems a judge in District Court ruled Davenport's speed and red light camera ordinance is contrary to and in conflict with the state traffic code. In essence, the city might have to stop using them. Unknown at this time is if the city will have to return the monies already made from fines. Look in the QC Times tomorrow to find out more. Looks like the camera deal is going to the Iowa Supreme Court. Could get sticky if the Iowa court upholds the district court decision. In all honesty, I don't know how it will go because there are two decisions by two different district court judges on the same legal issue with two different results.

Here's a link to a pdf file on the court's ruling.

No comments: