I changed things around a bit, and added a few things. It's as new to me as it is to you, but I think it'll work. As usual I'll try to have a variety of topics, but come summer there will be more postings about car events. You can email me at cruisaholic@hotmail.com Keep the shiny side up!

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Trying to close Sugar's

The City filed a nuisance abatement against the building Sugar's is in. If successful it will put Sugar's out of business and the building's owner without a renter for one year. For more go to the QC Times.

This would ensure that the owner of the building couldn't rent it to anyone for one year, and be a first step in putting Sugar's out of business. If this goes through, Sugar's couldn't get a business license in this city. The petition looks to be solid and cites times and dates of undercover stings, search warrants, and the refusal of the owner of Sugar's and the owner of the building to obey other court orders. Remember people, a local judge let these people stay open.

Over at davenport snarkiness she has a similar post. You should check it out.

Addendum-

I do have a copy of the petition on a pdf file. I could email it as an attachment is anyone is interested. It is big, over 3 megabytes, you can email me at- cruisaholic@hotmail.com
Or, if enough interest is shown, I could put it up as a post.

No comments: