I changed things around a bit, and added a few things. It's as new to me as it is to you, but I think it'll work. As usual I'll try to have a variety of topics, but come summer there will be more postings about car events. You can email me at cruisaholic@hotmail.com Keep the shiny side up!

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Fuel cell safety

On Sunday, in Homestead, Fla., Juan Montoya had a fiery crash when his fuel cell failed when he hit the wall with 15 laps to go. What a way to end his first Nextel race. Greg Biffle winning the Ford 400 was overshadowed by Jimmie Johnson winning the championship.

The results of the race are as follows-

Pos. Driver Make

1. Greg Biffle Ford
2. Martin Truex Jr. Chevy
3. Denny Hamlin Chevy
4. Kasey Kahne Dodge
5. Kevin Harvick Chevy
6. Matt Kenseth Ford
7. Scott Riggs Dodge
8. Carl Edwards Ford
9. Jimmie Johnson Chevy
10. Clint Bowyer Chevy

I thought one of the main reasons for a fuel cell was to prevent fires like this. It's a good thing he could get out the car so fast. If he had been knocked out, it might not have been so pretty.

No comments: