I changed things around a bit, and added a few things. It's as new to me as it is to you, but I think it'll work. As usual I'll try to have a variety of topics, but come summer there will be more postings about car events. You can email me at cruisaholic@hotmail.com Keep the shiny side up!

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Racing radio

I caught most of Steve Donovan's show on the radio (KJOC AM 1170 ) Monday and he has another fan. It was good to hear people talking about Ronnie Weedon again. As I have said often most of the local media just don't give motorsports enough coverage. I really liked the show and will definitely be listening in my garage on Monday afternoons. They mentioned a DVD on Ronnies's career and memorial services at the Fairgrounds, and I didn't have a pen handy to get the number to order one. When I listen next week, and if they mention it, I will post the information here.

It's interesting how you listen other people mention someone and your mind wanders to a different time. For some reason I drifted back to the 70's when I met Ronnie at Strieter's body shop. Funny how that works sometimes.
Anyway, if you have some time on Monday afternoons tune in to 1170 AM at catch this show, it runs from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. I'll bet you'll want to listen again too.

No comments: