I changed things around a bit, and added a few things. It's as new to me as it is to you, but I think it'll work. As usual I'll try to have a variety of topics, but come summer there will be more postings about car events. You can email me at cruisaholic@hotmail.com Keep the shiny side up!

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

gas prices, related things


Our lives are being changed in subtle ways by the drastic increase in gas prices. Just one example from my trade is carpeting is up 30%. Another sign we're trying to find ways around it is the increase in motorcycle sales. While this makes sense, I hope these people take a rider's course for safety sake.

One watchdog we have in the old car hobby is SEMA. That's short for Specialy Equipment Manufacturers Association, hence the abbreviation. They have an action network, which I have belonged to for 8 years. This orginization keeps up on legislation that effects our hobby. Their website is
  • here


  • If you have time this weekend, there are 2 cruise-ins scheduled. On Friday, May 5,
    starting at 6:00 p.m. at Dick N Sons and Subway in Blue Grass. I like it because it's one of the smaller cruise-ins. On Saturday, May 6, starting at 6:00 p.m. by Dillard's, Long John Silver's and IHOP in Southpark in the Quad Cities Cruisers Cruise-in. This is a bigger cruise-in.

    1 comment:

    cruiser said...

    If you want to check out the story on motorcycles go to
    http://www.hemmings.com/newsletter/newsletter.html

    You have to scroll most of the way down to the motorcycle header to see the story. Kind of an interesting take on insurance.