I changed things around a bit, and added a few things. It's as new to me as it is to you, but I think it'll work. As usual I'll try to have a variety of topics, but come summer there will be more postings about car events. You can email me at cruisaholic@hotmail.com Keep the shiny side up!

Monday, March 27, 2006

Symphony parking

Driving down Kirkwood Blvd. from Bridge to Jersey Ridge I noticed a boarded up house. What a way to show out of town Bix runners how prosperous this city is. LeClaire St. between 14th. and 15th. keeps sinking like Venice. The city has barricades around another hole. LeClaire by Save-A-Lot is another joke. With cars parked on both sides and limited visibility I'm surprised they aren't wrecks everyday. Iowa St. by Lincoln school is fun when idiots park right to the crest of the hill. You get the idea.

Whoever is in charge downtown, and I don't think it's Winborn, should remember a couple basics. If you make it a nice place to live, people will want to live here. If crime is low, people will want to live here. If the basic quality of life is good, people will want to live here. If people want to live here, they will visit here. Instead of being 10 years behind California, and 5 years behind Cedar Rapids, why not come up with an original idea.

Remember Tuna Brigade, Dubuque has Ice Harbor, Cedar Rapids has the 5 Seasons Center, and we have the bridge to the river. Even the paddlewheel excursion boat to Dubuque docks in LeClaire. Maybe you could hold concerts in the emply parking ramps and be the only Iowa city with Symphony parking.

No comments: