I changed things around a bit, and added a few things. It's as new to me as it is to you, but I think it'll work. As usual I'll try to have a variety of topics, but come summer there will be more postings about car events. You can email me at cruisaholic@hotmail.com Keep the shiny side up!

Sunday, January 07, 2007

Shootings and duck collecting

It's still happening. Around 1 a.m. there were at least 2 separate shootings with 2 victims SoLo, and nothing on the news. It started out around 6th. and Pershing, and ended at 9th. and Pershing with shots fired calls. It's another case of "if they're aren't any fatalities, it's not news." This is right on top of some new developments; I wonder if these people are still feeling safe?

On a lighter note, I see Jim and Nancy Mullin made the paper about her duck collection. The reporter involved needs a speed course in identifying old car. Run Around Blue is not a 1954 Ford. If you attend any local car shows you know this car. For more of the story, and a few pictures go to the QC Times.

----addendum----

An annonymous poster on QCI's blog left a comment about the shooting calls. Whoever is quoted says the event on 6th. Street was not a shooting, but a car accident resulting from a shooting. My wife and son still swear there were two shooting calls, and two victims on 6th Street. They say there was a victim at 6th. and Pershing, and another victim at 6th. and Perry. To check out the posting on QCI's blog, look for anon. at 10:55 (1-07-07) here.

No comments: