I changed things around a bit, and added a few things. It's as new to me as it is to you, but I think it'll work. As usual I'll try to have a variety of topics, but come summer there will be more postings about car events. You can email me at cruisaholic@hotmail.com Keep the shiny side up!

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Wayward Congressman

Here's an e-mail I recieved from an Arkansas Congressman who thinks I'm in his distict-

In January, the 110th Congress will continue the debate on many important issues. While the start of a new Congress means a fresh beginning and new ideas, there is the opportunity to continue important work for the 3rd District, including the fight against the meth epidemic in Arkansas.

Earlier this month, the Boozman Amendment to the Office of National Drug Control Policy (ONDCP) Reauthorization Act was sent to the White House for President Bush̢۪s signature. I am proud of the amendment since it focuses on the impact of meth abuse on our children and exposes teens to the real-world consequences of methamphetamines.

In Arkansas, we are continuing to win the fight against meth. Labs have been cut in half, and workplace use is down nearly 40%. However, we still have plenty of work to do.

The human story of hurt, addiction and death is what drives me to continue fighting the scourge of meth. In the 110th Congress, I promise to use the full power of my seat in the House of Representatives to give parents, teachers, and law enforcement the tools to keep our children safe from this dangerous drug.

I value your opinion on the fight against meth in the 3rd District. I ask that you click here to give us your opinion on ways we can work to prevent addiction.

In addition, I wish to continue giving you updates on the work my office is doing on your behalf. E-mail is now the most cost-effective way of communication available, and I hope to hear from you about the issues important to you and your family. If you do not wish to receive e-mails from my office in the future, please click on the link below to be removed from my mailing list.

Thank you for your time, and I look forward to hearing from you soon!

Sincerely,

John Boozman
Member of Congress
Third District of Arkansas

2 comments:

QuadCityImages said...

Workplace use of meth?

How do you suppose they measure that?

cruiser said...

The co-workers complain about the second hand smoke.