I changed things around a bit, and added a few things. It's as new to me as it is to you, but I think it'll work. As usual I'll try to have a variety of topics, but come summer there will be more postings about car events. You can email me at cruisaholic@hotmail.com Keep the shiny side up!

Saturday, December 02, 2006

shoveling snow open thread

There's a few of things in local news, not the least of which is Thom Hart being demoted at the Q-C Development Group. Of course there's the 5 or so inches of white stuff that fell out of the sky. The Library downtown will be open for four hours on Sundays at least through April. The Freight House and the IOC are always topics. And what's going on with the Adler getting another cancellation? I'm going to have a few car-related links below, or bring up what's on your mind.

If you have a race car, or just want to make yours go faster check out Racing Junk.

If you're an old guy guy with an attitude check out Old Guys Rule.

If you like looking at cars, go to motorcities.

To look at some old car and truck pictures go to John's.

If you just can't live without a toilet flush handle that looks like a shifter, or a billet 6-speed plunger you have to check out Genuine Hotrod Hardware.

And go to the Coca Cola store to find something to wash it down with.

5 comments:

QuadCityImages said...

The bigger news about the downtown library is that it will now be open on Wednesdays.

Last year it was open for 3 hours a day on Sundays from October-April, but still wasn't open on Wednesdays.

cruiser said...

Thanks, QCI, I forgot about Wednesdays until I read your comment. Don't you think it should have longer hours also?

QuadCityImages said...

Sure, I'd love to see more hours on most days down there. I enjoy being able to walk over and get a book, but I always seem to finish my previous one on a Wednesday. As far as Sunday, I would think it would be prime last-minute studying time for college students, but I suppose they have their own school libraries.

cruiser said...

Sunday's a good day for car guys to look at reference books they don't check out. Sometimes there's just not enough time during the week. And I suppose as you say, college students.

Anonymous said...

We should have built a main library at 46th and NW Blvd instead of two branches that are planned. We are going to have to spend a lot of money on personnel to man three places. Two branches and the main library. But, smart people do not always prevail and thus we are headed down a bad course that will cost us a lot of tax dollars.