I changed things around a bit, and added a few things. It's as new to me as it is to you, but I think it'll work. As usual I'll try to have a variety of topics, but come summer there will be more postings about car events. You can email me at cruisaholic@hotmail.com Keep the shiny side up!

Sunday, December 10, 2006

The hobby loses another friend

Verne Lyendecker passed away recently. The name won't ring a bell to many, but maybe a few car nuts out there will recognize the name of the founder and owner of the Classical Gas Station in Eaton, Colorado. I never bought a car from Verne, but if you ever met the guy you knew he was a car guy. Verne loved to say he sold everything from junk to jewels and there was an ass for every seat.
What started as a car guy's dream years ago blossomed into one of the Nation's largest classic car dealership. I believe his wife is going to keep the business going, and Debi you have our sincerest condolences. If you want to look at their website go to the Classical Gas Station

No comments: